Where do I drop off/pick up?
If your student is not taking the bus through the district (www.lvusd.org – bus pass tab) or the shuttle through the City of
A.E. Wright has one main area for parents to drop off or pick up students. This area is the carpool loop on the north side of campus. Remember, courtesy is always expected. Please be patient and drive slowly when traveling through the loop. Our children observe and model all of our behavior, good and bad. Please also remember that school traffic is usually heavier than normal the first two weeks of school.
· Use the car pool loop on the north side of campus. The only entrance to it is the North Access Road.
· Exit the loop and then re-enter the loop if your student is not ready for pick up when you come through the loop.
· Use the
· DROP EARLIER in the morning, PICK UP LATER in the afternoon to relieve congestion. By 3:20pm the line is mostly clear (other than the first two weeks of school).
· Allow your student to cross traffic lanes to be picked up in the left lane.
· Stop your car in the
· Get out of your car or park your car in either lane to wait for or look for your child.
· “Cut through” the district office parking lot. This causes increased traffic congestion for the district office patrons as well as reduced safety for the children who are picked up or dropped off there as they must cross two lanes of traffic to reach their destination.
· Pick up or drop off in the half-circle in front of the school main office.
· Wait for your student or park in the Staff Parking Lot on the South side of campus. This area is closed due to bus traffic and teacher parking. Only parents with special permits are allowed to drop-off or pick-up in this area.
Alternative Pick-Up/Drop-Off Locations
Students may be picked up or dropped off along
If you need to pick up your student quickly, the best choice is to park on