Welcome to the Health Office
The Health Office is staffed by a Health Clerk. Health Clerks are certified in first aid and trained in CPR. They assist with first aid or illness situations occurring at school but are not licensed or trained in diagnosis. We trust that you will understand the need for the following standards:
Students should not be sent to school if they have any of the following symptoms:
Medications at School:
- Sore throat, severe cough, earache, colored (green or yellow) nasal discharge
- Undiagnosed rash
- Nausea/vomiting, diarrhea
- Temperature of 100 degrees or higher
- Head lice
- Medications should be given at home whenever possible. Ask if a prescribed medication can be given after school rather than during school.
- If medications (prescription or over-the-counter) must be given at school, they will be accepted only after a "Medication during School Hours" form is completed by the parent and physician (and re-submitted each year as needed). Check out our Medication Policy Link for complete details.