SPRING MUSIC CONCERTS THIS WEEK:
Monday, May 23 - Choir & Orchestra @Calabasas PAEC, 7:00pm
Tuesday, May 24 - Band Spring Music Concert @Calabasas PAEC, 7:00pm
TUESDAY, MAY 24 - NO "0" PERIOD
WEDNESDAY, MAY 25 - HONORS STUDENTS TO WILL GREER FIELD TRIP
THURSDAY, MAY 26 - TAN FESTIVAL, 9:00AM-12:41PM
ACER COMPUTER TURN IN DAY, JUNE 1 & 2: PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO
Computers will be returned on June 1st for 6th graders and June 2nd for 7th graders during PE classes. Students are expected to return all of the items associated with the ACER and will be charged for any missing or damaged items. All laptops will be inspected by our technicians, and any damage will be noted. Repair charges will be assessed and added to student accounts over the summer. Click here for more information.
- COMPUTER($300 to replace)
- CHARGER($25 to replace)
- CASE($23 to replace)
- STRAP($5 to replace)
- Upper Case (with keyboard) ($15)
- Bottom Cover ($8)
- Display ($62)
- Hard Disk Drive ($65)
- Mainboard ($87)
AGOURA HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS:
Athletic Physicals and Clearance Days: Agoura High School Athletic Physical Clearances for the 2016-2017 school year will be held at Exer Urgent Care in Calabasas on Saturday, May 21 and Saturday, June 4. The cost is $50 per exam and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Agoura High School Athletic Department. Please click here for detailed information.
LVUSD BROADWAY NIGHTS BENEFIT CONCERT, JUNE 3 AT 7:00PM
LVUSD and the Beacon for the Arts Fund are pleased to present their third annual benefit concert on Friday, June 3, 2016, at 7:00 p.m. at the Performing Arts Center on the campus of Agoura High School (A-PAEC). Click here for more information.
BROADWAY NIGHT 2016 will be an action packed benefit concert featuring a talented selection of the District's middle and high school students, faculty, and alumni performing a variety of Broadway hits from shows such as Les Miserables, The Sound of Music, The Music Man, Mary Poppins, and more.
Please join us to celebrate a wonderful evening of performances and support the Las Virgenes performing arts. Tickets can be purchased here: https://goo.gl/kJPCfc.
IT'S TIME TO PICK YOUR ELECTIVES
The counselors visited your child's PE class today (4/12) to talk about the electives that are available for next year. Descriptions of the electives are available here. Electives will be for the entire year so select your elective carefully. All students should choose 6 elective options as they are not guaranteed their first choice.
7th Grade Elective Form 2016-2017
8th Grade Elective Form 2016-2017
AFTER SCHOOL HOMEWORK HELP
After school homework help is available every Tuesday and Thursday from 3:20pm-4:05pm in the Library.
EARLY OUT EVERY WEDNESDAY
Students will be released at 2:00pm every Wednesday until the last week of school.
Yearbooks are still available for purchase for $75. Please go to the Main Office to purchase one.
Click here for 5th to 6th grade transition information.
Click here for the 6th Grade Elective Form 2016-2017.
Click here for 8th to 9th grade transition information.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
- Monday, May 23 - Choir & Orchestra Spring Music Concert @Calabasas PAEC, 7:00pm
- Tuesday, May 24 - No "0" Period
- Tuesday, May 24 - Band Spring Music Concert @Calabasas PAEC, 7:00pm
- Wednesday, May 25 - Honors Students to Will Greer Field Trip
- Thursday, May 26 - TAN Festival, 9:00am-12:41pm
- Monday, May 30 - No School, Memorial Day
- Wednesday, June 1 - REGULAR SCHEDULE DAY, Dismissal at 3:12pm
- Wednesday, June 1 - FINALS for ALL GRADES: Language Arts & Elective
- Wednesday, June 1 - 6th Grade ACER Computer Turn In Day
- Thursday, June 2 - FINALS for ALL GRADES: Social Science & PE
- Thursday, June 2 - 7th Grade ACER Computer Turn In Day
- Friday, June 3 - FINALS for ALL GRADES: Math & Science
- Friday, June 3 - 8th Grade Dance, 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Monday, June 6 - EARLY DISMISSAL at 2:00pm
- Monday, June 6 - 8th Grade Culmination Rehearsal, Yearbook Assembly, & Gown Distribution
- Monday, June 6 - 6th and 7th Grade Field Trips for eligible Spartan Club Students.
- Tuesday, June 7 - 6th and 7th Grade Yearbook Assembly
- Tuesday, June 7 - 8th Grade Field Trip to Universal Studios
- Wednesday, June 8 - LAST DAY OF SCHOOL, DISMISSAL at 12:10pm
- Wednesday, June 8 - 8th Grade Culmination Ceremony, 6:30pm
NOTE TO PARENTS: CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
You may have been made aware of recent news reporting and/or postings on social media concerning the California Department of Education's (“CDE”) engagement in litigation with two non-profit associations comprised of parents and guardians of children with disabilities, and the potential disclosure of student information records.
The plaintiffs in the litigation have requested numerous documents, as well as student data collected and stored by CDE, which may include personally identifiable student information.
Please understand that Las Virgenes Unified School District is not a party to this litigation and we will not disclose any information.
To comply with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”), the CDE has been ordered, to allow parents to object. If you would like to have the CDE exclude your child please go to: http://www.cde.ca.gov/morganhillcase. The deadline to object is April 1, 2016.
For more information, please contact CDE directly at (916) 319-0800.
CARPOOL CONNECTION INFORMATION Please click here to read about carpooling requirements. BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION Please help A.E. Wright earn money by cutting box tops at home. Turn your box tops into the boxes located in the Main office, outside of the Attendance office and in the Library. "THE WRIGHT ANSWERS" NEWSLETTER The Wright Answers is A.E. Wright's newsletter put together student volunteers during their lunch time. Please read an enjoy the current edition. Click here to see the newsletter! PASSES FOR CITY OF CALABASAS SHUTTLE BUSSESEvery person must have a shuttle pass or a shuttle ticket when boarding a shuttle. No shuttle pass will result in refusal of service. The updated maps and schedules are on the website at www.cityofcalabasas.com Any questions, call Hali Aziz Goktapeh, Assistant Transportation Planner. City of Calabasas (818) 224-1673